Customer Service Procedures That Can Prevent Claims Under Professional Liability Insurance (Errors and Omissions Insurance) And General Liability Insurance
It may seem irrelevant or unnecessarily protective but you would be surprised how easily a claim can be made under professional liability insurance ( errors and omissions insurance) and general liability insurance due to poor customer service practices. Or worse, claims of quality customer service being essentially derailed because of insufficient training of your staff, improper risk management procedures or no contingencies in place that could easily avoid these situations. Here are a few helpful ideas:
- Have formal customer complaint resolution procedures is by far one of the most important procedures to protect you from claims under professional liability insurance.
- Have a customer notification plan in the event of your discontinuance of a service or support.
- Your customer or service support should include email, website, customer site visitation address, fax, in-house repairs and toll free numbers including after hours.
- 24/7 availability for emergencies.
- Formal plan to address and inform all customers of any bugs, anomalies, problems, etc. discovered in your services.
- Formal products recall plan for defective products.